Website York Region
Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, is responsible for assisting in long-term infrastructure planning; coordinating activities associated to the development and implementation of the water and wastewater master plan update, asset management plans and infrastructure capital plans; and assisting in preparing the Department’s policies and requirements with respect to water and wastewater servicing.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, as appropriate, from the general public etc.
- Coordinates with local municipalities and other Branches and Departments in the planning of new assets identified through the master plan process.
- Support preparation of reports to Council and represents the Branch in the coordination for passing the required bylaw on the assumption/transfer of water and wastewater facilities.
- Provides input to asset transfer/assumption proposals as it relates to compliance with Asset Jurisdiction Policy and master plan recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- Collects and analyzes technical and financial data.
- Coordinates activities related to development of long term water and wastewater master plan update, asset management plans and implementation of infrastructure improvement program.
- Prepares Request for Proposals and terms of reference for consulting assignments.
- Coordinates capital planning activities for the Branch in collaboration with other branches and departments.
- Acts as Project Coordinator on assigned infrastructure planning projects and technical studies.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology.
- Must be registered as a Certified Engineering Technologist and be a member in good standing with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians/Technologists (OACETT) or be registered in an approved equivalent professional association.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the planning and design of municipal infrastructure as well as project coordination.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
- Thorough working knowledge of engineering principles and standards involved in the planning and design of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure.
Company: York Region
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vaughan, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A