Website York Region
Reporting to the Manager, Nutrition Services, the Public Health Nutritionist will take the lead for project management of nutrition programs by planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, promoting and evaluating programs and services to achieve the standards and requirements of the Ontario Public Health Standards under the Health Protection and Promotion Act.
- Provides consultant services to Public Health Branch management and staff on matters related to food and nutrition programs and services.
- Establishes working relationships with internal and external partners to address and advocate on food and nutrition issues.
- Maintains records of all project activities and writes reports and briefs as required.
- Plans, develops, implements, promotes, evaluates and co-ordinates food and nutrition programs and services to achieve the standards and requirements of the Ontario Public Health Standards under the Health Protection and Promotion Act.
- Participates in or leads relevant work groups or committees of professional organizations.
- Drafts Community and Health Services Committee Reports, and assists with the development of presentations to Committee as required.
- Contributes to program planning, development and evaluation of food and nutrition components of the Ontario Public
- Health Standards delivered or co-ordinated by other divisions within the Public Health Branch.
- Maintains professional competency through individual study, participation in professional development programs and continuing education sessions.
- Plans and conducts needs assessments to identify priorities and strategies for food and nutrition programs.
- Leads and oversees the work for particular program area (s) in Nutrition Services,.
- Leadership skills to lead in a program area and strong advocacy skills.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s licence, and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the nutrition field, its principles, practices, and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of education principles, teaching strategies and group facilitation skills for diverse audiences.
- Three years experience in community or public health nutrition.
- Proven knowledge of population health, health promotion, behaviour change theory, and marketing strategies.
- Ability to utilize a variety of nutrition promotion strategies in program development.
- Member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Baccalaureate of Science degree in Food and Nutrition from an accredited university.
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Masters degree in Community Nutrition or a related community nutrition field.
Company: York Region
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A