Website Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
As a member of the testing team, participate on concurrent projects in support of a broad range of applications and services. Analyze and create matrices to test business system changes and enhancements to supported systems. Develop, design and execute application system testing and select the most appropriate technique to test the scenario. Act as a subject matter expert by providing advice and technical guidance on system functionality to the project team. Validate and verify the integrity and ongoing functionality of supported systems.
- Create test cases of varying complexity which encompass all business requirements and provide for ongoing integrity and efficiency of system processes and procedures. Execute test plans, test techniques, scenarios and matrices for each project to validate/test system changes. Create alternate test cases based on source materials of varying detail including high level Behaviour Design Development (BDDs), Multiple Marketable Features (MMFs) and draft documents.
Participate in post-implementation meetings to document lessons learned.
- Input test data into supported systems. Analyze and conduct simulation tests and identify defects/discrepancies and document defect details for review by project team. Re-test defects along with appropriate regression testing, until the problem is resolved or the business is satisfied with the outcome. Record all defects in test tracking system tool and conduct defect triage meetings with project team. Advise project team of the status of re-tested problem logs and of any issues which may affect scheduled implementation of the new system or system change(s)/ enhancement(s) to production environment providing final signoff as a condition for production system release..
- As a subject matter expert, provide input into the development of BDDs, MMFs and technical documentation for new or enhanced supported systems, in conjunction with the project team and/or vendors.
- Verify and/or identify dependent and related downstream systems affected by implementation.
- Validate critical system linkages and flag potential risks to the integrity and efficiency of system processes and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Provide demonstrations of the tested system or system changes/enhancements to business subject matter experts, vendors and future clients, as required.
- Participate in resolving “Severity One” emergency production problems on a priority basis. Assist in the analysis of causes and define testing requirements for potential solutions.
- Three years, eight months prior experience in application, functional, and component testing, and data validation.
- University completion at undergraduate level with a specialty focus in Computer Science.
Company: Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Guelph, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A