Website Western University
The purpose of the Counsellor role is to determine, coordinate, and in some cases directly provide, appropriate academic accommodation and related services for students with disabilities
- This support allows students a fair opportunity to engage in their studies as effectively and independently as possible while maintaining academic integrity of Western’s courses and programs.
- By providing accommodation and skill development services for students, the Counsellor role assists the University in supporting diversity and complying with human rights legislation concerning accommodation and accessibility.
- The Counsellor also plays a central role in implementing Senate policies.
- Ability to use knowledge of counselling skills, empathy, problem solving, and various intervention strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deliver information professionally in difficult circumstances
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in interactions with students and colleagues
- Expertise in working with persons with disabilities
Company: Western University
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A