Website Western University
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is Canada’s health research investment agency. Its mandate is to excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence
- The Institute Coordinator plays a pivotal role as a member of the Institute team and is proactive in ensuring the smooth and efficient coordination of administrative, operational, scientific and communication functions of the Institute, working with a wide array of stakeholders, including researchers, decision makers, executives and knowledge translators, all dedicated to improving the health of Canadians.
- The role provides guidance and support for a wide range of activities within the Institute, including administrative support, event management and communication activities, ensuring they are carried out in compliance with CIHR’s and Western’s relevant administrative policies and procedures.
- The role supports the Institute’s communications related activities, including developing, coordinating and disseminating various communications, and generating appropriate communications to stakeholders and others in a professional manner
- 2 years’ experience providing administrative and communications support and coordination in a research environment
- Experience in an academic research environment preferred
- Undergraduate Degree in a relevant field (preferably in Health Sciences or Life Sciences)
- Master’s Degree in a related field preferred
Company: Western University
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A