Website Western University
The University Secretariat is responsible for managing and supporting the University’s bicameral governance system in accordance with legal requirements and obligations, the University of Western Ontario Act, the bylaws and regulations of Senate and Board, and accepted best governance practices.
- The Governance Coordinator is accountable for carrying out a broad range of activities to support the effective functioning of the university’s bicameral governance system, and for providing administrative and logistical support for activities within the Office and to the University Secretary.
- The role will provide professional administrative support to ensure the effective management of the operations of the Board and Senate, and several of their respective committees.
- The role also provides guidance to a wide-range of constituents internally and externally, regarding policies and procedures, and provides a high quality service to the members of the Board, Senate, and their committees and to the University in all matters within the unit’s purview.
- Demonstrated integrity and acts in accordance with Western’s professional, ethical, and procedural framework
- Ability to handle complex, ambiguous situations with diplomacy, calmness, and good judgment
- Strong organizational skills to issues which fall within the remit of the University Secretariat
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate the University’s events and activities
Company: Western University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A