Website Island Health
Reporting to the Team Leader, Chief Technologist or designate the Medical Laboratory Assistant performs laboratory procedures and related clerical duties. This includes blood and other specimen collection, preparing samples for analysis, distribution and storage of samples, performing laboratory tests such as urinalysis using color-coded dipsticks and performing Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing where required.
- Ability to organize work.
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Laboratory Assistant training program plus one (1) year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Valid BC Class 5 Vehicle License.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to type at 25 wpm.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Company: Island Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Alberni, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A