Website Island Health
Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
- Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
- Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
- Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
- Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned
- Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
- Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
- Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to keyboard.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
Company: Island Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cumberland, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A