Website Island Health
Under general supervision, provides payroll services by processing bi-weekly payroll for an assigned group of employees in a multi-site organization, using a regional computer system. Reviews and audits employee time data submitted for processing. Issues EI records of employment. Handles routine payroll inquiries from employees, managers and external agencies such as Canada Custom & Revenue Agency, Human Resource Development Canada, WCB, and Pension Commission.
- Ability to keyboard at45 wpm
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the job.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to organize work.
- Grade 12 successful completion of a recognized payroll course and two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
Company: Island Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A