Website Island Health
Within the framework of hospital and nursing department philosophy, mission and standards, the BC College of Nurses and Midwives Standards for Nursing Practice, and the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Code of Ethics for Nursing, the Staff Nurse provides professional nursing care to clients as a member of a multidisciplinary team, is responsible and accountable for coordinating and administering direct client care utilizing the nursing process, provides direction to auxiliary personnel and staff, and responds to emergency situations to safeguard clients, visitors and staff
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Specialty unit nurse positions, such as Operating Room, Post Anesthetic Recovery, Obstetrics, Paediatrics, and Psychiatry, also require specialty certification for the unit.
- Up to two (2) years of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Critical Care, Emergency and Intensive Care nurse positions also require Advanced Cardiac Life Support and specialty certification. Up to two (2) years of recent related
- experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to remain calm and to act appropriately in stressful and emergency situations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to apply the nursing process effectively in a well-organized manner to the care of assigned patients.
- General duty staff nurse positions also require Basic Life Support, Level C. Post-basic education for clinical areas, and up to one (1) year of recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Company: Island Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colwood, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A