Website Island Health
Reporting to the Manager or delegate, and working as part of an integrated administrative team, the Medical Office Assistant/Clerk performs a variety of clerical and medical office assistant duties including, word processing, scheduling, provider billing, data entry, composing and signing correspondence, typing medical and legal reports and documents from notes and/or recording devices. Answers general inquiries related to programs and services from clients, physicians, staff and the public. Assists primary care providers with the smooth operation and flow for patient visits and care.
- Grade 12 education and graduation from a Medical Office Assistant course, plus two years recent related experience in a health care setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced health centre environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
- Ability to follow detailed instruction.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
- Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Experience working with at-risk or street-involved populations preferred.
- Ability to type a minimum 50 wpm.
Company: Island Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: View Royal, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A