Website Island Health
Reporting to the manager or designate (and Audiologist for hearing screening duties), the Admin Support Health Unit Aide provides a variety of clerical and administrative support duties utilizing a variety of computerized applications. Supports the program by performing duties such as maintaining inventories of supplies, booking appointments, gathering of client information; schedules and conducts vision and/or hearing screening for Preschool/School aged children in a school or clinic setting.
- Grade 12; Medical Office Assistant Certificate; Office Administration Certificate; and one (1) year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Keyboard 60 wpm.
- Working knowledge of computers and databases.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to complete in-house Vision/Hearing Screener training with Audiologist/Vision training.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients, including young children, parents, Community partners, staff, teachers and other school staff.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Company: Island Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Campbell River, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A