Website VIA Rail
As of Project Engineer, you will mainly act as a liaison between the technical team and the project management team and will be the main point of contact with suppliers or sub-contractors. You will lead the development of the scope of work, engineering specifications and the engineering plans in order to meet the project schedules of major
- Performs the technical tender compliance and qualifications assessment using the engineering resources as required and makes technical award recommendations;
- Organizes and participates in design reviews with contractors, consultants and with VIA’s technical specialists to ensure VIA requirements are met, and to ensure compliance with specifications, regulations and quality standards. Assesses technical and schedule impact of changes or problems;
- Develops the work breakdown structures; Defines the engineering work packages, and assesses the resource requirements with Senior Engineering Manager;
- Monitors engineering schedules and progress of both internal resources and contractors’ engineering to ensure compliance with the project schedules;
- Leads the development of the engineering plans and schedules;
- Leads the development of the scope of work in conjunction with the Senior Engineering Manager and other user groups for multiple projects including systems maintenance strategy;
- Competitive salary.
- The chance to be part of a sustainable transportation service connecting Canadian communities.
- A wide range of health and wellness benefits for employees and their families, including unlimited telemedicine service.
- Numerous career advancement opportunities.
- An environment that supports employee health and well being.
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Certified Engineer, member of OIQ);
- Flexible hybrid remote work model.
Company: VIA Rail
Job Category: Government Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A