Website Vancouver Coastal Health- VCH
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Booking Clerk to join the British Columbia Operational Stress Injury (OSI) Clinic in Victoria, BC
- Rearrange schedules to meet changing demands/requests and prepare and confirm client/patient information.
- Provide clerical functions that include typing technical and non-technical materials proficiently utilizing a variety of computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Arrange for patient transportation.
- Maintain and print daily schedules that integrate activities from various sites as needed.
- Schedule and book a variety of client/patient appointments and follow up visits, tests and referrals.
- Provide scheduling/booking, clerical and reception functions for the area.
- Provide reception services by greeting clients/patients and others and directing them to appropriate areas and/or responding to general inquiries.
- Maintain departmental equipment, supplies and filing systems.
- Answer and respond to phone messages or forwards callers to appropriate health care professional or other personnel.
- Maintain appointment calendars for all designated physicians and/or other designated health care professionals.
- Maintain client/patient charts entering data into a computerized system and update statistics on client/patient attendance.
- Perform timekeeping functions for designated staff as required.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to keyboard at 40 wpm.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Grade 12, two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health – VCH
Job Category: Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A