As the Director of Indigenous Banking, you will oversee the development and implementation of Vancity’s Indigenous Banking Strategy. This will require collaborating with key areas across the Vancity group to coordinate the development, implementation and refinement of a strategy that sets out targets and objectives to meet the needs of Indigenous members and communities. The role will represent Vancity in the Indigenous and broader community and serve as a key advisor to Vancity’s board and senior leadership.
- Developing high impact partnerships and community investments that support Reconciliation, align with the Community Investment strategy, and strengthen community relations with First Nations and Indigenous peoples.
- Consulting with key internal and external rightsholders to understand and assess needs, opportunities, and challenges.
- Providing ongoing subject matter expertise and advice to internal partners to meet the needs of Indigenous and First Nation members.
- Understanding the needs of Indigenous members, First Nations, and Indigenous organizations which include Metis and Inuit’ Peoples.
- Developing new Indigenous banking opportunities that align with our strategy of growth with impact.
- Ensuring a broad range of Indigenous perspectives are embedded in our work.
- A related post-secondary degree from a recognized university, or equivalent.
- Research and analytical skills to assess and recommend course of action in meeting the needs of First Nations, Indigenous organizations, and Indigenous peoples, and to identify risks and opportunities that may impact the business unit(s).
- Strong leadership and people management skills requested. Minimum five to seven years of people leadership. The ability to lead with influence.
- Proven ability to deliver a strong strategic approach and roadmap by using inputs from across an organization and from a complex array of local, national and/or international organizations, competitors, and partners.
- Deep knowledge in Indigenous communities, protocols, and relationships.
- Established partnerships and relationships with Indigenous communities, allied organizations and networks that are founded on trust and respect.
- A desire and strong curiosity to dive deep into this area for Vancity and show the true value of the work we do regarding Reconciliation, racial equity, climate, and climate justice and how that relates to business objectives.
Job Category: Banking
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A