Responsible for acquiring new clients either through our existing membership, external networks both with retail clients as well as unions, foundations and other institutions.
- Ensure the investment management process and client portfolios adhere to all internal and external compliance policies and procedures.
- Champion our brand with your professionalism, business acumen and strong relationship skills.
- Build awareness of VCIM’s products, services and offering in all our member facing channels as well as externally.
- Determine the appropriate asset allocation for your clients keeping in mind tax implications. Monitor, review and report on client performance regularly.
- Work collaboratively as a team member contributing ideas, suggestions and input to move VCIM forward.
- Support VCIM’s Portfolio Management Consultants (developing Portfolio Managers) through coaching, mentoring, assistance with client on-boarding and supervisory oversight on client portfolios.
- Portfolio management / market analysis experience necessary for registration with provincial securities regulators, ie. the OSC, and possibly others, as an advising representative. Current registrants preferred.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex investment solutions, the markets & the economy to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent ability to build rapport with a wide variety of individuals, using superb communication skills, both written, verbal and presentation.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant industry experience, including experience in a relationship management role.
- Highly professional reputation and judgment with strong ethics and values.
- Minimum 3 years of portfolio building experience in an IIROC, capital markets, or Portfolio Management licensed capacity.
Job Category: Banking
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A