Lead and conduct both IT and non-IT audits through the audit lifecycle according to Vancity Internal Audit methodology. The successful applicant will also be expected to possess working knowledge of, and closely support our co-sourced subject matter experts on, highly technical or complex audit engagements.
- Support coordination with external auditors and regulators and provide support as required to enable completion of their work.
- Provide industry knowledge and technical expertise and coaching (including teamwork, communication and relationship building) to Internal Auditors to build capacity and capability of the Internal Audit Team.
- Support delivery of the risk-based audit plan.
- Support the Manager, Internal Audit to provide advice on dealing with risk and control without compromising the independence of Internal Audit.
- Proactively identify opportunities to optimize audit processes, and methodologies, consistent with Institute of Internal Auditors’ International
- Working knowledge of using data analytics tools and techniques (e.g, Power BI, SQL queries).
- Solid knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of risk-based auditing (from planning through to reporting) and a strong understanding of relevant standards such as the Institute of Internal Auditors’ Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Experience with the evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management practices, internal controls and governance processes
- 3-5+ years experienced as an internal auditor preferably within the financial services sector
- Extensive knowledge of governance, risk management and control framework methodologies and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk at a macro level as well as a micro level, and to identify potential audit issues and internal control weaknesses.
- Strong business analytical skills and ability to understand complex business concepts, functions or processes,
Job Category: Banking
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A