Website University of Winnipeg
Administrator of Applied Computer Science (ACS) network to ensure its smooth functioning and fulfilling the requirements from teaching, researching, and daily administrative works.
- Provide in-house trouble-shooting to ACS faculties, staff and students, including both the hardware platforms and software packages used in teaching, research, administration and learning in.
- Provide help to ACS faculties and Graduate students on deployment, configuration, and administration of the servers/computers acquired through faculty members’ research grants.
- Documenting ACS network configuration and overall resources.
- Administer, maintain, and troubleshoot ACS Microsoft Active Directory and servers.
- Administer the special-purpose (Linux and FreeBSD based) servers in ACS as well as application software systems (including, but not limited to, MS SQL Server, Matlab, Solis Security, and MS System Center, among others)
- Set up and maintain ACS’ computer labs and smart classrooms which may include: setting up and configuring all new
- PCs/virtual desktop devices and other equipment; Installing application packages based on the needs of the location; refreshing the PCs in labs periodically; replacing the consumables on equipment belonged to ACS.
- Technical support to Faculty, Staff and Students including classroom set up and maintenance of PCs in ACS offices and special-purpose rooms.
- Estimates, plans, schedules, and tracks work on/for projects/teams.
- Creates and maintains Windows-based ACS domain as well as UNIX-based accounts.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- A very detailed and team-oriented individual with strong communication skills.
- Experience with virtualization in Hyper-V environment (server virtualization, VDI, etc).
- Comfortable with software installation and maintenance, computer hardware installations and upgrades, and PC imaging.
2-5 years’ experience in the field of technical support of information technology.
- Technical problem solving and troubleshoot skills.
- Excellent background in networking with emphasis on Cisco router/switch management; knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing and other network services (DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Certification with Microsoft and Linux systems is an asset.
- Proven ability to work independently and under minimum supervision.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and respond to diverse and often conflicting demands.
- Experience with Windows and Linux system administration and computer networking.
- Certification with Cisco routers and switches is an asset.
- Understanding of Linux and Windows Operating System.
- Postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to, computer systems and networking with courses focusing on the technical aspects of computing.
- Experience working with students is an asset.
Company: University of Winnipeg
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A