Website University of Saskatchewan
This position assists in all areas of the bakeshop supporting residential dining, retail and catering operations. The incumbent will also participate as an active and supportive member of the Culinary Services group to enhance our students’ experience.
- Prepares baked goods and pastries under the guidance of supervisors according to standardized recipes, menus, specifications and best practices.
- Works in an open kitchen environment with customer interaction.
- Ensures knowledge of the menu items and allergens.
- Contributes to the culinary development and creative presentations of food and menu items.
- Demonstrates professionalism and customer service to promote a positive customer experience.
- On a daily basis, ensures a full scope of their assigned tasks to proactively identify and solve challenges and make corrective actions.
- The incumbent requires Grade 12
- A Food Safe Certificate is required
- Culinary Arts Diploma, Apprenticeship training or Red Seal Cook Certificate would be considered an asset.
- WHIMIS Certificate is required
- A minimum two years of experience working in a commercial kitchen setting or full service food service operation.Ability to focus on cooking
- tasks in a high paced environment with changing priorities.
- Effective Communication.
- Follow production scheduling, recipes and specifications to ensure procedures and standards of food quality are met.
- Adapt and scale recipes to production levels and application
- Creativity with food and presentation
Company: University of Saskatchewan
Job Category: Education Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yorkton, Saskatchewan, CA
Application Deadline: N/A