Website University of Manitoba
The Dr. Gerald Niznick College of Dentistry is a professional academic unit at the University of Manitoba. There are 4 teaching departments, 5 teaching clinics, School of Dental Hygiene, and Centre of Community Oral Health (CCOH). We have approximately 128 dental students, 52 dental hygiene students and 28 graduate students enrolled. Annually, the students attend to roughly 30,000 patient visits a year in the General Undergraduate Clinic, Orthodontic and Periodontics Graduate Clinic, Specialty Clinic, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic, Graduate Prosthodontic Clinic and Community Outreach. We are looking for a Dental Equipment Specialist to oversee the maintenance and repair of all dental equipment in the College of Dentistry, including technical, electrical and mechanical devices.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate daily work schedule is required.
- Ability to diagnose dental equipment problems and failures is required.
- Computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams are required.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must be able to search internet for product information, ordering of parts and troubleshooting dental equipment problems.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service is required.
- Technical school training and certification is required (related to plumbing, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and/or radiographic).
- WHMIS training/knowledge is required.
- Ability to perform well under pressure required.
- Advanced and extensive training in dental equipment repair (with certification from a recognized dental manufacturer) is required.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
- Ability to work in harmony with others and provide effective assistance to staff and students is essential.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to read schematics and blueprints is required.
- Absolute reliability with respect to the confidential nature of the clinical areas is essential.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a high-volume, fast paced work setting with shifting priorities is required.
- Dental equipment repair, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical and other repair and troubleshooting skills essential.
- Minimum 7 years of directly related experience in dental equipment maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of electronics, electrical, plumbing and hydraulic systems is required.
Company: University of Manitoba
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brandon, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A