Website University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba is a driving force of innovation, discovery and advancement. Our momentum is propelled by our campus community – UM faculty, staff and students whose determination and curiosity shape our world for the better. Our teaching, learning and work environment is uniquely strengthened and enriched by Indigenous perspectives. With two main campuses in Winnipeg, satellite campuses throughout Manitoba, and world-wide research, UM’s impact is global.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately is required.
- Must be able to work independently on the completion of detailed clerical, secretarial and basic accounting routines.
- Three years of directly-related administrative experience, preferably in an University clinical department, is required.
- Proven ability in committee responsibility including minute taking is required.
- Excellent knowledge of English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation is required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve unexpected situations, and take initiative is required.
- Completion of a formal training program in a related discipline from a recognized institute is required.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Knowledge of University regulations, programs and procedures is preferred.
- Ability to interact positively with various levels of internal and external staff is required.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff, students and external organizations is required.
- Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience, as recognized by the University of Manitoba, may be considered.
- Must be able to work under pressure while remaining calm.
- Must be able to establish priorities.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of University’s Aurora and VIP systems is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills are required.
Company: University of Manitoba
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A