Website University of Guelph
Reporting to the Associate Directors, Finance and Operations, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences and College of Biological Sciences, you will be responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of the Information Technology (IT) Services within the two colleges, in collaboration and partnership with U of G’s Computing and Communications Services (CCS) department.
- You will be a member of the University’s IT Leaders Group and will regularly interface with other IT leaders and managers across campus.
- A savvy communicator and negotiator, you will liaise with other key contacts in the University to coordinate information and infrastructure management.
- As the domain expert and leader for the two colleges in this role
- In this role, you will be a member of the Management Team in both colleges and, as such, participate actively in steering the strategic and technical direction of each college in support of the University of Guelph’s commitment to student learning and innovative research.
- You will manage an IT environment in both CEPS and CBS, which includes staffing (hiring, performance development, coaching, and talent management), service delivery planning, risk and compliance management, strategic planning, IT asset management, budgeting, departmental administration, project management, vendor relationships and negotiations.
- Any relevant certifications such as PMP, CSIM, or ITIL.
- A strong background in the provision of IT services at a department level for a diverse clientele.
- A university degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a relevant discipline.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- A recommended 10 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 3 years’ proven experience leading others (personnel management, team building and development).
- A big picture orientation, business understanding, and strong negotiation capabilities.
- Excellent communication, written and oral, and presentation skills.
- Advanced project management experience, particularly pertaining to large systems and client services delivery, desired.
Company: University of Guelph
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Guelph, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A