Website University of Calgary
Maintain a daily/weekly routine to ensure that autoclaves are tested and documentation of logbooks is followed in compliance with University Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- Participate in cross-training to assist in other areas when needed and to meet Technical Support Services priorities.
- Assist with distribution of parcel and mail deliveries for the Faculty of Science.
- Adhere to all university policy and regulatory requirements, including FOIP legislation.
- Identify professional development needs and skill priorities; continue own personal development, learning and training; keep current with post-secondary developments.
- Ensure that the prep area is clean, organized and well maintained.
- Assist in the dispensing of liquid nitrogen to research laboratories.
- Liaise with other units as appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- High school education with successful completion of Biology 30 is required. A Sterile Processing Certificate is an asset.
- Minimum 1 year of directly related experience is an asset.
- Ability to lift and transport heavy objects.
- Experience with the operation of a number of essential pieces of equipment such as autoclaves, glassware washing machines, steam kettles, and drying ovens is an asset.
- Must have or be prepared to obtain Standard First Aid certification.
- Proven organizational skills, and good time management.
Company: University Of Calgary
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A