Website University of Calgary
Oversees the design, development, testing, deployment, and Training for all Power BI/Tableau/SSRS dashboards/reports developed by the Advancement Data team.
- Works with business owners to define metrics and identify necessary dashboards needed and reporting standards. Ensures report quality and data accuracy/integrity.
- Provide innovative insight through data and reports to meet business challenges, using tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and SSRS, among others.
- Works in collaboration with the Data Systems team to manage the development, deployment, and sustainment of Advancement’s data warehouse, including dimensional data modelling.
- Ensures sufficient redundancy to maintain reporting operational effectiveness/meet stakeholder needs, in light of staff turnover, unforeseen events etc.
- Sets a vision for the analytics function within Advancement and develops a path for growth, including but not limited to: managing capacity issues, staffing and hiring, cross-team integration, establishing team goals, and identifying opportunities
- Define structures, policies, processes and metrics to improve and maintain the quality and ownership of dashboards/reports and information assets
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- In depth understanding of one or more Database management systems (SQL server, Oracle etc.), and strong SQL coding skills.
- 5+ years of data management, data stewardship or data governance, business intelligence and reporting experience or equivalent in a related field.
- In-depth knowledge of business intelligence, data analysis and report development through tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and SSRS
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities
- A university degree/certification in business, computer science and proven experience with database management and/or program management
Company: University Of Calgary
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Red Deer, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A