Website University of Alberta
Under the supervision of the AFDP Unit Supervisor and working with the Crop Wing Unit Lead on a daily basis, the Processing Technician is a technical assistant whose purpose is to function as a resource for the Agri Food Discovery Place senior staff. The major activities and responsibilities are to operate equipment, stage pilot processing operations, clean after processing. The position also supports analytical instrumentation operation and maintenance.
- Monitoring equipment operation including spray drying, membrane filtration, fermentation and solvent processing.
- Drafting and reviewing hazard assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supports operation and maintenance of analytical equipment.
- Assists with equipment and processing room cleaning and sanitation duties.
- Staging pilot project activity including processing line setup of tanks, pumps and utilities, in accordance with the processing parameters.
- Knowledge of bio-processing pilot plant equipment would be an asset.
- Experience with analytical instruments such as HPLC and GC would be an asset.
- 2 – 4 years of research and development or industry experience, preferably in a pilot plant setting and experience using both bench top and scale-up processing equipment.
- 5 th class power engineer certification under ABSA would be an asset.
- The incumbent will hold a minimum technical diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Experience with microbiology and aseptic techniques would be an asset.
Company: University of Alberta
Job Category: Education Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A