Website University of Alberta
The Technician is primarily responsible for supporting research projects in the Tan Laboratory. Our lab studies how the brain develops and functions. We are particularly interested in how nerve cells are produced and maintained in the adult brain.
- Organize and maintain general laboratory inventory.
- Perform experiments involving routine procedures in order to meet research objectives.
- Sorting/labeling samples.
- Preparing samples for analyses such as cryo-embedding, cryo-sectioning and immunostaining.
- Experience in using Microsoft office and Google Suites.
- Minimum of a high school degree. Experience:
- Minimum of one year lab experience in the capacity of research lab assistant.
- Advanced skills in sample preparation for cryo tissue embedding, cryo-sectioning, and immunohistochemical staining.
Company: University of Alberta
Job Category: Education Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Airdrie, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A