Website University of Alberta
Working at the Proctoring Exam Centre reception, the Proctoring Office Assistant is the first point of contact for students registered for exam accommodations and instructors. This position requires constant communication regarding exam regulations, rules and procedures, including communication with students and staff regarding exam issues. This communication can, at times, become escalated. In addition, the Office Assistant may be involved in conflict resolution and responding to disruptive behaviours.
- Verify information on daily schedules, correct or complete missing information
- Process exams: printing, receiving, storing, returning (email and campus mail return included), assuring security and packaging
- Administer and supervise exams: receive students, complete security checks, set up students in rooms with respective accommodations, monitor
- students while writing exams, ensure medically required supplies, accommodations, etc.
- Sort exams for delivery to various locations, ensuring they are accompanied by the required reports, paperwork, supplies, etc.
- Assist proctors in performing their duties
- Maintain and manage records according to the records retention schedule
- Ability to multitask, problem-solve and triage work to meet timelines
- Experience de-escalating high-stress situations
- Superior skills in customer service
- Training and experience with MS products (Word, Excel, etc.), Google applications (Email, Calendar, Documents) and databases (data entry, report generation) and ability to learn new systems, ClockWork knowledge an asset
- Careful minute attention to multi-level detail
- Knowledge of crisis management and suicide intervention is an asset
- Background and knowledge of working with persons with disabilities
Company: University of Alberta
Job Category: Education Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A