Website University of the Fraser Valley
The Team Lead, Service Delivery provides day to day supervision of the IT Service Desk Analysts, IT Lab Monitors and IT Service Desk Co-op positions. The position is responsible for delivering the highest quality service experience to students, faculty, and staff.
- Participates in committees and project teams as required.
- Responding to requests requirements identified through internal ticketing system escalated by either the IT Service Desk or other areas within the IT department.
- Lead, coordinate, allocate and ensure resolution to incidents and requests including achieving increased productivity and minimise disruptions through quick resolution of user queries and incidents.
- Work in close collaboration with internal IT areas to resolve complex issues.
- Coordinates, develops and document training procedures for new staff.
- Maintains professional knowledge and currency in related technologies through engaging in learning opportunities both formal and informal including researching emerging technologies and standards, demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Trains users and cross trains co-workers on applications systems used within the IT Service Desk, including new colleagues or individuals for other areas within ITS.
- Coordinates, develops and documents training procedures and materials for new IT Service Desk and Computer Lab Monitor staff.
- Ensures procedural and policy documentation for IT Service Desk and Lab Monitor.
- Manager including problems or recurring incidents, trends in incidents.
- Lead team planning and service improvement activities and implement service improvement ideas.
- Provides reporting on call volumes and incident trending within the IT Service Desk and wider IT Team including contributing to Service Level reporting to Management.
- Monitor and assess the progress of team members to ensure high quality, efficient completion of work.
- Communicates in a respectful and professional manner with all aspects of the department, University community and related vendor partners.
- Collaborate effectively as a team member, including sharing information, cross training and cooperation.
- Provide communication to the IT Service Desk Team in preparation for planned work and unplanned outages.
- Ensures frequently asked questions and problems are proactively addressed through the ITSM knowledge base and documentation.
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade of this position
- Generate and distribute reports including, volume reports, incident and device request counts and response times.
- Develop and implement ticket handling and escalation policies and procedures include team and inter-team workflow processes to enable effective and efficient service delivery across all UFV campuses.
- Ensure processes and procedures are carried out in accordance with agreed policies and standards, including: record, classify and prioritize requests and incidents correctly received via phone, walk-in, ITSM tool, chat and other tool-set templates; identify and record incident symptoms, determine possible causes and either resolve or allocate for resolution; ensure documentation of incident resolution, where it may be reusable, is submitted into the ITSM tool knowledge base; verify with the affected clients that the service request/incident has been satisfactorily fulfilled/resolved and then close.
- Assess, configure, maintain, and make recommendations on the improved use of the IT Service Desk ITSM tool.
- Supervises team including delegating team members tasks and responsibilities coordinating activities; setting priorities; scheduling assignments; providing coaching, feedback and support.
- Coordinates coverage and approve staff leave requests.
- Implement a system of escalation to provide coordination and support for the IT Service Desk during high severity and major incidents including organizing documentation from all other areas of the IT department to ensure the IT Service Desk is informed of all upgrades and enhancements.
- Teams are developed, maintained and accessible in a consistent format and location.
- Identifies Service Desk Team challenges and recommendations to the Service Delivery.
- Manage and coordinate the processing of incoming calls / tickets to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of incidents and service requests.
- Job duties may be rescheduled on short or limited notice due to IT emergencies.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Ability to adapt to ever changing workload priorities and events and effectively reprioritizing or deferring tasks in line with operational and strategic goals.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework certification an asset HDI.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related supervisory position.
- Provides positive and proactive communications and customer service to users, vendors and other key stakeholders.
- Experience with the installation, maintenance and upgrade of computer operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals.
- Certification in Service Desk Lead or Management preferred.
- Degree in computer information systems or related technical field.
- Ability to demonstrate customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Working at any of UFV’s campus locations may be required.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Company: University of the Fraser Valley
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A