Website Toronto Transit Commission
Provides inspection, examination, on site work acceptance, and preparation of reports on work progress for assigned construction contracts; ensures that work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications as well as with applicable codes and safety regulations.
- Candidate will be required to participate in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
- Act as a liaison between the Contractor, TTC Operations and Maintenance staff, utility companies, local municipalities, and other public agencies/regulatory bodies as required.
- Ensure the Contractor is fulfilling their duties and responsibilities with respect to safety, through ensuring that safety regulations and TTC policies are met, noting safety infractions that are hazardous, bringing infractions to the attention of the Construction Site Manager, and taking immediate action as necessary.
- Promotes a respectful work and service environment that supports diversity, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of inclusive and accessible policies, programs and/or services for employees and customers in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- Perform traction power cuts and set up work zones at subway track level as required.
- Assist the Construction Site Manager with the administration of construction contracts by preparing daily work progress reports and a variety of contract status reports; issue Contract Deficiency Reports (CDRs) and follow up on the resolution of the same; monitor progress of work against schedules; review monthly contract progress payment requests; follow up to obtain answers to Requests for Information (RFIs); and prepare other official correspondence for signature.
- Specialist expertise in one discipline with general knowledge of all disciplines is preferred.
- Completion of a post secondary college diploma or university degree in a related discipline (engineering technology, architectural technology), and demonstrated experience in the inspection of medium to heavy construction projects in an urban environment; or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Possession of a Certificate of Qualification in a skilled construction trade or OACETT certification is an asset.
Company: Toronto Transit Commission
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A