Website Trent University
This position works collaboratively with community agencies, faculty members and student researchers to further CBR at Trent University.
- Works with community agencies and Trent university partners to identify community-based research project partners and research opportunities
- Supports Trent staff/faculty in working with community partners to develop research proposals. Key criteria for research proposals include:
- Meets demonstrated need for the community partner
- Has pre-determined expectation with respect to researcher time/capability. Different projects may suit different research models (e.g. individual researcher, class team-based research, longitudinal study, etc.)
- Meets for-credit academic standards of Trent University, including ethics requirements and applicable research methodology
- A minimum of three years’ full time experience working for the not-for-profit/NGO sector required. Additional experience working in the university environment preferred.
- A demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, community development and social change.
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs and priorities of community organizations, charitable organizations, and other non-governmental organizations, and sensitivity to challenges experienced by these agencies.
Company: Trent University
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A