Website Trent University
Reporting to the Director, Student Housing & Residence Life the Project Manager operates with a high level of autonomy to oversee, lead, and manage project activities, working with students, campus partners, senior administrators, and teammates to implement the university housing strategy recommendations by 2027: 1. build 700 residence beds, 2. renovate all university owned residences, and 3. enhance and improve the residence program and services.
- Facilitates change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Conducts post-project evaluations and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Review consultant and university documents for accuracy and compliance with university requirements.
- Submits project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Leads project development including defining project scope, goals, tasks, resource requirements, and success metrics. Works collaboratively with stakeholders to agree upon deliverables.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of planning updates and initiatives including organizing working/advisory groups related to planning.
- Coordinate input from stakeholders, departments, external consultants, and city officials.
- Tracks project performance and analyzing deliverables against requirements and prepares status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information. Plans and meets regularly with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Coordinates the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the project to the operational team.
- Builds a collaborative and constructive relationship with project teams. Provides visibility to team risks and assists in reducing/eliminating them. Supports teams with the anticipation of internal and external project challenges, including finding solutions.
- Identifies and plans for human resources needs for projects.
- Builds metrics and KPIs that help project teams to plan, prioritize, and make better decisions.
- Develops project plans project plans, including setting schedules, timelines, and milestones using appropriate tools and in consultation with the VP and Secretariat’s office for governance timelines. Controls the schedule, alerting project team to scheduling issues.
- Provide project management expertise to projects relating to the three housing strategy recommendations. This includes leading the new residence/college/academic building process up to the construction phase.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written/spoken communication skills, tact, and patience. Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills, and political acumen.
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree (4 years) and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification either completed or in progress.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting, financial management, and board governance processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of contract administration procedures and multi-year construction projects.
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- Experience in leading and managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional understanding of traditional and agile project management and technical experience with the associated project management tools and theories.
- Advanced analytical and time management skills with the ability to adapt to change and work within ambiguity.
Company: Trent University
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Peterborough, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A