Website Town of Oakville
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Business Services, the Strategic Business Advisor supports the Community Development and Community Infrastructure Commissions with strategic business planning, policy and procedure development, process reviews and design as well as special initiatives. The Strategic Business Advisor identifies and implements new business opportunities, analyzes data and compiles reports, researches, plans, develops and makes recommendations on best practices, protocols and business processes with a focus on increasing efficiencies and improving service delivery.
- Provides ongoing support to the manager and/or directors as assigned
- Utilize data and visualization tools to model, analyze complex information, and make recommendations for improvements to business processes with a focus on identifying efficiencies and improving service delivery.
- Provide project management support in the development and implementation of departmental and commission initiatives and policies, including planning, scheduling and coordinating staff and resources for the project.
- Undertake research and identify best practices on business improvement projects that will enable process enhancements, improve client satisfaction, and efficiencies in service delivery.
- Support commission-wide business activities in the creation, refinement and management of data, information, reports and analytics using a variety of software applications and tools.
- Develop and deliver various communication and change management plans and strategies, both internal and external.
- Develop an acute understanding of key organizational relationships, interests, and values in order to provide project sponsors with specialized advice surrounding the design of project deliverables.
- Prepare and deliver variety of reports and presentations to staff and management.
- Identify issues, conduct research and analysis, identify best practices, develop options and recommendations and create policy/procedure documents.
- Directing complex processes, procedures and documentation related to developing, managing, executing and controlling program and project plans.
- Extensive experience providing consulting services to senior management in the areas of performance reporting, business process review and re-engineering, program review and service improvement, and strategy development and planning.
- 5 years of broad range and in-depth strategic planning and policy development.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Managing projects related to business solutions/services, continuous improvement, business process management, and/or business technology.
Company: Town of Oakville
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A