Website Town of Oakville
Reporting to the Director, ITS, the Manager, IT Security assumes the overarching responsibility for supporting the Town of Oakville and ITS leadership in their efforts at overseeing, managing and implementing IT Security Assets and Services. Including IT Security Life cycle management, investments and Initiatives to optimally achieve enterprise goals and mitigate Cyber Risk.
- Identify staffing needs – as mandated and empowered by leadership, ensure and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across responsible teams
- Develop and maintain appropriate knowledge of common IT Security concepts, practices and procedures
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the Operational and Capital activities are effectively managed via a risk based framework
- Define security standards, manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development and evaluation of respective IT systems, ensuring that assets are inventoried, properly managed and serviced
- Manage the capital and operating planning process for accountable areas of security assets and services
- Operations and Capital initiative alignment to security asset categories and services, through evaluation, selection, prioritization, execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results
- Manage vendor evaluation, selection, performance and business relationships in accordance with the Town’s purchasing by-law
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around the IT Security plans and services, their contents and the individual performance of initiatives to stakeholders, as well as disruptions and interruptions following best practice frameworks
- Support and advise executives on actions required to balance existing security assets and services with IT resources
- Engage with and conduct minimum quarterly area specific reviews with senior business management, ITS executives, stakeholder committees, and other relevant bodies to validate and assess the operational and capital plans, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs as required
- Plan the evolution of IT Security architecture ensuring that deployment, integration and configuration of solutions are in accordance with industry best practice and the requirements of the Town
Work with teams to manage/oversee the full range of security asset life cycle (procure, energize, remove/replace, dispose) for operational and capital projects and services
- Lead the development of a strategic vision through the Oakville Technology Plan to guide Security Solutions toward the establishment of core IT Security operations definition, structures, processes and demand management in order drive the evolution of Oakville’s Security Technology environment
- Ensure adherence to the appropriate governance functions relating to IT Security in accordance with enterprise guidelines, policies and standards
- Lead reviews of IT Security assets and services evolving to a continuous improvement model
- Direct the creation and maintenance of the required security standard operating procedures and other documentation
- Develop IT Security policies, set priorities and be responsible for service delivery and the development and implementation of performance measures and objectives
- Security Assessments: Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments.
- Minimum 8 years of diverse roles and progressive leadership responsibilities across IT Operations and/or IT Projects/Programs experience with specific knowledge of IT security planning/architecture, implementation and operations; consulting and facilitation leadership is a plus
- Ability to produce information security policy documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- ITIL or Lean Six Sigma: Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Methodologies; working knowledge of ITIL Best Practices
- Experience in vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent favorable
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) and/or CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) desirable
- Change, Innovation and IT Development: Leading change and innovation ideally in a IT Agile development project environment.
- Customer Service: Experience with Digital Transformation and Customer Experience improvement initiatives
- People Management: Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with IT Asset Management.
- Able to make risk-adjusted evidence based decisions in a timely manner;
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a related field from a recognized university/college. Your formal education is augmented by progressively responsible positions that have resulted in outstanding leadership.
Company: Town of Oakville
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A