Website Toronto Police Service
In this position, you will be responsible for researching or receiving and assessing criminal intelligence information of a confidential nature. You will also be responsible for analyzing information, preparing reports and making recommendations on assigned projects.
- Research and/or receive, evaluate and analyze information associated with an assigned project. Prepares and presents comprehensive analytical reports. Assists with strategic planning and the deployment of resources.
- Participate in formal on-the-job training courses in electronic data processing operations and analytical methods.
- Implement in-house processes to improve and facilitate the intelligence cycle (planning & direction, collecting, collating, analysis and dissemination of information).
- Prepare reports and illustrations, make recommendations, attend meetings and make oral presentations on research findings or on new analytical products or techniques. May be required to testify in court, at an Inquiry or at a Hearing.
- Perform telephone toll analysis, identifying significant contacts, frequency distributions and patterns of calls. Complete written reports and prepares illustrations of findings when required.
- Create and/or search computerized and manual filing systems for information in response to inquiries. Maintain the security and integrity of confidential files and oversee general filing system.
- Disseminate information to authorized personnel in accordance with legislation. Act as a liaison with internal and external agencies. Establishes and maintain contact with experts, analytical counterparts, educators and researchers.
- Review published articles and police reports to detect trends and patterns of criminal activity. Gather and analyze relevant information to draw inferences regarding the scope, methods, intentions and vulnerabilities of groups or individuals involved in criminal activities. Recommend investigative strategies based on information gathered..
- Possess well developed research, analytical and interpretive skills with knowledge of research design and methodologies and practical application of such research.
- Well developed time-management skills with the ability to work independently and use own initiative to organize projects, set priorities and solve problems to meet tight timelines.
- Experience in report writing and business case preparation.
- Good working knowledge of computer hardware, software and applications required and the willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge.
- Experience in statistical analysis which includes forecasting trends, identifying issues and interpretations required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing..
Company: Toronto Police Service
Job Category: Armed Forces
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A