Website Toronto Police Service
In this role you will ensure uptime of the Services’ UC infrastructure environment on a 24×7 basis. You will implement and maintain the Services’ UC server, gateway, Next Gen -911, Voice Logging System, WebEx and telephony infrastructure environment. You will also develop and architect UC solutions to meet the service’s requirements and monitor the infrastructure to ensure it is reliable, accessible and secure.
- Designs and architects 911 and unified communication solutions to meet the Service’s requirements.
- Researches current market trends as it pertains to UC security, design, support and best practices.
- Installs and configures applications, server hardware and vendor appliances.
- Provides technical expertise to analyze and resolve complex UC related problems
- Manages and monitors vendors engaged in implementing/rolling out new projects.
- Tests, evaluates and qualifies new infrastructure software and hardware solutions.
- Develops and manages project initiatives to improve or stabilize the UC environments.
- Develops operational support documentation and training information for co-workers.
- Provides guidance and training to Junior Technical Analysts and other members of ITS.
- CCNP Collaboration certified is preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices related to racking, power distribution, and grounding would be an asset.
- Must have (or be willing and eligible to obtain) a Class “G” Drivers licence and a Toronto Police Service “Blue Card”.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX, Windows Server, Linux, TCP/IP networking, security and Web technologies.
- Knowledge of VMware, or similar virtualization technology, its architecture and its adaptation for server deployment and management.
- Knowledge of E911 and NG911 would be an asset.
Company: Toronto Police Service
Job Category: Armed Forces
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A