Website Toronto Police Service
We are looking for a Senior Analyst in the field of IT Risk & Quality Assurance who will help rebuild our QA unit. This is a great opportunity to design and implement adaptable processes, establish the right tools, and build a QA team that is respected for the value it adds to TPS.
- Participates in hiring interviews
- Defines QA requirements and translates them into actionable work items to complete.
- Identifies and establishes automated testing practices, as well as creates automated tests in QA testing software.
- Creates and maintains an efficient repository of test cases, test scripts, test plans, test metrics.
- Learns new technologies and solutions to ascertain the impact to QA and testing requirements.
- Proactively analyzes defects, service incidents and customer feedback to identify improvements to QA and other areas.
- Communicates and presents to all levels of stakeholders to represent the interests and requirements of the unit.
- Ensures elements of the QA testing lifecycle are completed including test plans, test cases, testing, tracking and resolution of defects.
- Provides assistance to users, developers and other relevant stakeholders during the preparation and execution of testing.
- Produces high-quality documentation, including reports, templates, presentations and user guides.
- Works with project managers, change owners, and developers to ensure that all Quality Assurance (QA) activities are considered at the right time and meet Service requirements.
- Learns and facilitates the setup of changing test environments, ensuring they meet testing needs including functional, performance, security, regression and accessibility testing.
- Must have superb communication and presentation skills to clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding.
- Determined and independent problem solving skills: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- and not easily discouraged by setbacks.
- Excellent collaboration and team leadership skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent writing skills to update and maintain policies and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- ISTQB Testing (or related) certification and an equivalent combination of experience is an asset
- Additional courses in Project Management, Time Management, Risk Management, Presentation Skills and Supervisory Techniques would be beneficial.
- A three (3) year College or University Degree in Computer Sciences or Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and/or training and experience.
Company: Toronto Police Service
Job Category: Armed Forces
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A