Website Toronto Hydro
The Financial Analyst contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively executing accounting, budgeting and reporting responsibilities and providing value added financial activities.
- Improve productivity in budgeting/planning processes which may include re-engineering current processes and finding automation and efficiencies through the use of IT tools.
- Prepare, compile, and analyze information to facilitate the preparation for Reporting and Record Keeping Requirements (RRR), annual budget, and periodic forecast.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual schedules and reports, variance analysis on operating expenditures, other income, and other supporting schedules for management and external financial reporting.
- Provide timely and accurate month-end support, including journal entries (e.g. accruals, allocations, etc.) and account reconciliations.
- Provides support and recommendations in the area of financial policy, liaising as the primary financial contact for assigned business unit(s) and/or supporting business units with core back-office financial responsibilities.
- Provide reliable financial information, analysis and operational support related to electricity regulatory filings, tax provision reporting requirements and other internal management reporting requirements.
- Provide analytical support for capital projects to ensure appropriateness of capitalization treatment. This includes identification of expenditures as capital, appropriate assignment to asset types, accurate application of recoveries to capital projects, all while ensuring internal controls are adhered to, as well as accounting standards are followed in a timely manner.
- Implements risk management and internal controls, including assessment and monitoring whether internal controls in place are adequately designed and operating effectively and in compliance with accounting, organizational and regulatory policies.
- Support and facilitate the preparation and consolidation of the annual budget, periodic forecasts, and business plan for all entities within Toronto Hydro Corporation.
- Assist in the regulatory and revenue notes preparation for quarterly and annual financial reporting process.
- Be accountable for process improvement, looking to improve controls around the capitalization projects, to improve accuracy and timeliness of recognition of capital assets while maintaining a high standard of documentation.
- Demonstrates customer focus and able to build strong relationships across the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC), Hyperion, or similar planning tool would be an asset.
- Maintains confidentiality over sensitive information.
- Three (3) or more years of progressive financial analysis experience.
- Solid understanding of accounting standards/policy, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) related to capitalization.
- Detailed oriented and demonstrates strong business acumen.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent analytical, organization and planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Working towards Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation in Canada – candidates that have successfully passed the (Common Final Exam) CFE Exam are considered an asset.
- Working experience with complex ERP systems (SAP preferred), data analysis and reporting tools; demonstrated ability to work with large volumes of data.
Company: Toronto Hydro
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pickering, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A