As a Principal Engineer (Full Stack) working with our Multiple Learning Products team at Thinkific, you’ll act as a force multiplier, making our Engineering team better by advocating for best practices and helping fellow Engineers find ways to level up their skills. Reporting into the Senior Manager, Engineering for our Learn division, you’ll speak to the technical aspects of the product, connect planned work for multiple learning products to business strategy, and most importantly, influence others around you towards these goals.
- Perform as an individual contributor on major technical roadmap items while mentoring and delegating to others when appropriate for projects, starting with determining how our platform handles multiple user roles with the overall goal of moving our roadmap of creating multiple learning products forward.
- Create a shared understanding and buy-in for initiatives for new ideas by creating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders across the Product and Engineering organizations
- Review technical proposals for other Engineers and help other Engineers on the team level up by mentoring them and helping them solve complex problems
- Play an active role in our hiring process to help us continue to scale our Engineering team, from interviewing candidates to conducting assignment reviews
- Be the technical leader for Multiple Learning Products by researching and creating prototypes, providing high-level technical estimates, sharing technical options, and advising on feasibility options while considering the product as a whole
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
- Understands the needs of customers and users and is comfortable interacting with customers on a regular basis
- Displays an expert-level knowledge of software design and architecture, and has experience with writing technical specifications
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A