The role will be responsible to Monitor Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) support/evaluate programs and inspection/audit procedures to ensure process and finished product compliance of products and processes to corporate and regulatory requirements at a Sysco Specialty Meat &/or seafood company. This role impacts on Food Safety and Food Quality.
- Provide assistance when necessary for product evaluations, plant visits, and supplier/customer communication to assist other staff members.
- Assist in Employee Training of FSQA Programs, Policies and Procedures
- FSQA Customer Complaints review and answer
- Product quality (visual standards, label standards, adherence to specifications)
- Food Defense and Security
- Assist in Implementation of Independent FSQA Audit Program – SQF Audits
- Product Quality Assurance (this involves sample preparation, cook test, visual, organoleptic and possibly tasting of products) – candidate must be able to eat meat and fish/seafood products
- HACCP Certificate, SQF certificate (an asset) GFSI Scheme
- College Diploma in Food Science or Microbiology
- Knowledge of meat, fish and seafood processing and meat, fish and seafood processing equipment and simple laboratory testing procedures.
- Strong understanding of Sanitation, SOPs, Pre-requisite Programs, HACCP/Preventive Control Program, CCP’s and GMP’s.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with quality systems documentation & administration in a CFIA/USDA – FSEP/FSIS inspected facility.
- Bilingual in English and French is a preference
- Minimum two years meat and/or seafood industry experience at a federal CFIA/FDA meat and/or seafood plant (preferred)
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A