The purpose of this job is to oversee, coordinate and ensure the efficient and timely delivery of Sysco products to customers by Sysco Delivery Associates (DAs), or Contractors (where applicable).
- Investigate accidents/damages.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all government regulations relating to transportation and safety including MOT, OHS and EPA requirements.
- Track and monitor the results of DA’s performance versus established metrics.
- Coordinate training and orientation for new Drivers.
- Participate in trouble shooting and problem-solving issues related to DA questions and product deliveries.
- Communicate and administer Company programs, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safety and quality of all products both inbound and outbound as they relate to HAACP requirements.
- Travel (overnight and single day) to certain locations within the company’s service area will be required. Overnight travel would be required on an infrequent basis. Frequent local travel same day trips.
- Any relevant training in the transportation and distribution profession along with any additional continuing education in industry topics is a plus.
- Preferred training and certifications are; Class 1 (AZ Ontario) Driver’s license, HAACP, MOT, TDG, WHMIS, Health and Safety, PDIC, Smith system defensive driving.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience is required.
- 3+ years of experience working in a transportation or distribution role with supervisory experience is preferred.
- A High School Diploma is required.
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A