The purpose of the job is to provide overall support to operational functions.
- Participate in monthly inventory as required
- Ensure proper scanning and documentation is completed as required
- Weigh proteins and tag containers for weights and contents
- Comply with all safety rules and adherence to all Company Health and Safety policies, OHSA
- Meet customer demands and stock orders, whether for local or wholesale.
- Use and care of tools / knives / equipment
- Responsible for moving, boxing, deboxing, processing, packaging product according to specifications.
- Determine the quality of various proteins based on physical attributes, shape, and smell
- Complete necessary certifications if required
- Physically able to lift (50 to 70 + lbs.), stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop, squat, repetitively for the duration of the shift
- Completion of High School, Post-Secondary an asset
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with superior attention to safe work methods
- 1+ year work-related experience (food processing, cold environment production)
- Basic math skills
- Communication and Language – required to communicate using courtesy, tact, discretion, and persuasion,
- Fluent in oral and written English communication preferred
- Can work in cold environments, be exposed to dust, odors and raw meat including pork, poultry and seafood
- Trained in WHMIS, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A