The Support Specialist is responsible for managing the resolution of problems in a timely manner which includes recognizing the underlying problem, performing troubleshooting, resolving or escalating problem calls, and following up with users to confirm proper resolution.
- Interacts with Network Analysts, Application Specialists and Telecommunication Analysts to identify and resolve problems.
- Provides first level system support to all retail stores and home office users for Point-of-Sale systems, PC’s, AS400, telecommunication,
- Networks, RF scanners and other hardware.
- Contribute ideas and observations to the Team Leader to improve the efficiency of the Support team in achieving phone and SLA thresholds.
- Accountable for troubleshooting and resolving client issues on both a proactive and reactive basis
- Excellent communication and customer service skills a must.
- Knowledge of Citrix Network Topology
- Knowledge of AS400 technical support would be an asset
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Networking or related discipline
- Experienced with remote access software (VPN, Microsoft Terminal Services)
- Staples Store Experience is an asset.
- Working knowledge of PCs and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with ServiceNow Call Tracking database
- Candidate must have valid driver’s license
- Ability to work with Excel is an asset
- A+, Network +, CCENT, or MCP Certification an asset
- Bilingual in French would be an asset
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in procedures and processes in a dynamic environment.
- Takes initiative, seeking opportunities for change, growth and improvement
- Solid understanding of IP architecture protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, WINS) and how they are applied to client/server applications.
- 1-2 years of help desk or equivalent experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Proficient with support tools (PC Anywhere, Citrix), imaging tools and common software applications, (Office 365, Adobe, SAV)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, and DOS command line functionality.
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A