We are looking for an Enterprise Analytics Analyst to support users from HR, Projects, or Finance domains in developing ad-hoc visualizations using Oracle Analytics Server. As an enterprise analytics analyst, you will support the new internal service to enable users to improve their business decision process by improving how they view and consume data. You will be working in a fast-paced and agile work environment.
- Provide visualization templates and best practice guidelines for self-serve visual analytics enabling end users to make effective decision making
- Analyze and troubleshoot data and access issues by collaborating with Stantec BI teams, IT help desk and Oracle Support.
- Engage with cross functional work teams including IT, Finance, HR, Projects etc. to understand specific subject areas and create knowledge repositories.
- Coordinate enhancement requests with multiple Stantec BI teams and build high value solutions into future requirements for company-wide dashboards.
- Build functional visualization prototypes/use cases in oracle data visualizer tool based on stakeholders’ requirements
- Conduct regular training sessions for data savvy users within the organization to train them on the use of data visualization tool to build ad-hoc data visualization reports as needed
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and SharePoint
- Ability to understand requirements documentation, functional specifications, high level design documentation and system documentation. Able to successfully listen, understand and verbally communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience with Oracle Analytics Server (OAS), Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC), or OBIEE is an advantage.
- Familiarity with ITIL is an asset
- Keep clients, peers and managers informed on the progress and status of issues
- 6-8 years of data analytics/data visualization experience
- 6-8 years of experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI & Tableau required
- Ability to understand complex situations, develop and implement a logical approach to a problem solution.
- Knowledge of dimensional modeling and data warehouse concepts, such as star schemas, snowflakes, dimensions, facts
- Experience in requirements exploration and solution design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) software development methodologies
- Effective in interacting with users when designing, documenting, completing, and testing assignments.
- Extensive experience with conducting training and knowledge sessions for a large group of users
- Ensure work and information are complete and accurate by preparing carefully for meetings and presentations and following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Solid understanding of data and database technologies (data analysis, data preparation, ETL, etc.) required
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business, information systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work and collaborate with cross-functional teams and multiple departments including Projects, Finance & HR
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A