Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
- Occasional support for the preparation and processing of correspondence, reports, forms, and proposals by completing tasks such as formatting; applying company templates and customizing if needed; and compiling submittal packages.
- Project archiving and records management.
- Assisting with onboarding any new hires and employee transfers.
- Maintaining well-organized internal filing systems (digital and paper).
- Create and update personnel resumes and project profiles on the internal company sites.
- Supporting conformance with company policies and procedures.
- Assisting staff with weekly timecard administration.
- General office duties including but not limited to photocopying / binding; maintaining office supply and health and safety equipment inventories; and assisting staff in procuring equipment and supplies.
- Coordinating agendas, meetings, travel arrangements, and special events.
- High proficiency within the Windows environment, including the suite of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SharePoint, and Adobe Reader / Writer.
- Advanced proficiency in office systems, and general office maintenance.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail with experience in proofreading, editing, and formatting documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage and prioritize multiple, time-sensitive deliverables and deadlines.
- General interest in geotechnical/civil engineering and construction is considered an asset.
- Ability to work proactively in independent and team environments.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a professional office environment.
- Education relating to Business or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working within Microsoft 365 would be considered an asset.
- Experience with professional health and safety procedures and administration is considered an asset.
- Experience within a fast-paced, high demand environment, and able to adapt to programs and processes quickly.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A