An opportunity exists for a Bridge Engineer to become part of our dynamic team in our Saskatoon or Regina office. Stantec’s Infrastructure Team has a strong local presence but also participates in some of Stantec’s largest and most complex transportation projects. These projects encompass the entire life of the facility – from feasibility studies through detailed design and construction oversight. Are you excited and passionate about this interesting and challenging field of engineering?
- Prepare contract drawings, design details, specifications, cost estimates, and reports for various bridges and structures
- Execution and delivery of projects including structural analysis, load evaluation, planning, preliminary design and detail design for a variety of transportation structures including pedestrian, highway, transit, and rail.
- Regular collaboration with colleagues in our multi-disciplined design office
- Mentoring junior bridge engineers and bridge technologists
- Business development and preparation of proposals
- Coordination with sub-consultants
- Construction administration and resident engineering
- Development of structural rehabilitation, strengthening and replacement strategies
- Perform basic and advanced calculations and structural analysis/modeling using company standard software and/or proprietary manufacturer software
- Undertaking bridge, culvert and other structural inspections to assess condition
- Ability to create and interpret sketches, drawings, and other documentation associated with a typical variety of structures
- Experience with bridge design work within Saskatchewan, and strong project management skills are considered strong assets.
- Working knowledge of relevant bridge design codes, particularly CHBDC
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Understanding of structural design and analysis concepts and methods
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, focusing on structural engineering. Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with a minimum of 5 years of bridge related work experience.
- Enthusiastic attitude with interest in skills development and continual improvement
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, to engage in creative and critical thought, and to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to others
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways bridge design criteria, construction specifications, inspection and construction administration manuals, and standard drawings.
- Experience with structural modelling and design software such as SAP2000, CSiBridge, or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CA
Application Deadline: N/A