The successful candidate will work with general supervision and direction on average sized projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer/Designer. They will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards/practices.
- Opportunities to lead project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all structural components relating to various structural systems.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Responsible for projects of average complexity/size.
- Utilizes technologies in development of three-dimensional models of structural systems and provides markups for junior engineers/ designers.
- Active participant in client project meetings, value analysis and basic cost estimating.
- Performs and oversees the performance of calculations using company standard software, and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Opportunities to work on multiple, diverse projects.
- Support senior staff with developing and managing the project scope, budget, staffing and schedule.
- Mentoring and professional development of other personnel as need, while taking an active role in their own career development.
- Performs preliminary and detailed structural analysis and design for various heavy industrial and power generation structures (industrial buildings, equipment and piping supports, hydraulic structures), with opportunities in other sectors (bridges, transmission, distribution, and substation structures, etc.).
- Prepares and revises documentation in various structural phases including site plans, general equipment arrangements, conceptual and detailed structural developments, detailed component design, and fabrication level assembly information.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of project specifications with construction documents.
- Engages in the development of a design through engineering calculations, sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Supports the development of new standards and specifications for the structural group.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering. Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 5-10 years of experience.
- Graduate degree(s) and/or successful completion of the NCEES PE Exam are highly valued.
- Knowledge of mathematical computational tools such as MathCAD and the ability to perform detailed structural calculations within this environment.
- Requisite knowledge and application of structural design codes (NBC, CSA, ASCE, AISC, ACI, etc.).
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good presentation and interview skills and experience.
- Strong communication, coordination, and time management skills.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Strong knowledge of structural systems means and methods, materials, and industry standards. Experience with heavy industrial structures is highly valued.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Thorough understanding of structural engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Experience with industry standard structural analysis software suites (STAAD.Pro, SAFI, SAP 2000, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, CA
Application Deadline: N/A