Reporting to the Environmental Services Business Leader for Revenue Generation, this position is for those who enjoy working on diverse projects, with cross discipline teams to drive top line growth. The successful candidate will embody Stantec’s philosophy that “we are better together” and will demonstrate a keen ability to organize information, communicate clearly, manage expectations, and provide a framework for driving revenue growth.
- Drive revenue growth opportunities for the entire range of Stantec services and champion an integrated services approach.
- Work directly with the RBLs, regional leaders (RLs), discipline leaders (DLs), and business center leaders to meet net revenue, gross margin, and operating income targets in the groups.
- Develop a team of high performers through coaching and mentoring of business center staff and account managers in growing business with Commercial clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop strategic partnerships to assist in growing the assigned market.
- Be responsible for annual preparation of the Commercial Sector Plan with inputs from ES and other business line personnel as appropriate.
- Grow the Environmental Service Commercial Sector business in Canada
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the Commercial Sector market and key client account base. Work to position the company in key portions of the sector market and accounts to provide for sustainable growth.
- Personally, pursue and lead transformational projects within the sector.
- Anticipate medium- and long-term client needs and industry dynamics.
- Assist in targeting large prime contracts for strategic growth.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our code of business conduct and ethics policies.
- Responsible for quality and innovation including compliance within the sector with the ISO-certified Integrated
- Management System and PM Framework.
- Develop in-house Sector expertise, best practices, and research & development initiatives.
- Build, grow, and develop a team of high performers based in each relevant target geography for the Sector; recruit & retain specialist staff, project managers and account managers within the practice.
- Time allocation to include a blend of direct time on projects (approx. 40%) and client- and proposal-specific marketing and business development (50%).
- Decisions are made using critical thinking, good business sense, and organizational values to make collaborative decisions involving varying levels of risk and ambiguity.
- Embrace diversity recognizing, valuing, and leveraging the unique perspectives, experiences, and talents of every individual; promoting cross-cultural understanding, fairness, and inclusion throughout our organization and with our clients and third-party organizations.
- Partner with appropriate Sector Leaders and Regional Business Leaders (RBLs); assist RBLs in the Budget, Annual Review, and Bonus processes.
- Exemplify integrity by treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully, furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust with the broader community.
- Innovate and enhance our capabilities, geographic footprint, and integrated approach
- Drive Stantec’s Safer Together culture, prioritizing the health and safety of our employees.
- Support the development of multi-disciplinary project execution teams.
- Work closely with client account managers, RBLs, and technical service leadership to deliver safe, profitable, and sustainable projects and services for our clients.
- Identify new service areas and work collaboratively with others in the company to leverage opportunities for Stantec’s entire range of services.
- Direct marketing and business development activities involving environmental services within the Canadian Commercial Sector.
- Provide leadership in winning and contracting Master Service Agreements (MSAs), overseeing preparation of pre-qualifications packages, and leading teams of technical and marketing professionals in responding to requests for proposals (RFPs, as well as sole sourced opportunities) for the Sector.
- Achieve annual HSE targets specific to a sector leader.
- Ability to create innovative and effective client solutions that are aligned with both sector and business objectives.
- Achieve budgeted net revenue in ES Commercial sector.
- Ability to recruit and retain sector-specific experts.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, which must include relevant consulting experience in the Canadian Commercial Sector
- A clear thinker with a strategic mindset who possesses in-depth experience in the Canadian Commercial Sector.
- An undergraduate degree in environmental science or engineering is required. We prefer that candidates also have a graduate degree in a technical, business, or marketing field, but a graduate degree is not required.
- A high integrity leader with a commitment to delivering on promises.
- Leading by example to meet chargeability targets and be engaged in execution/leadership of key projects.
- Ability to travel dependent on need and adherence to safety protocols arising from pandemic.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated strategic leadership through committees, conferences, influence, or other initiates.
- Environmental regulatory or remediation experience for Commercial clients is preferred.
- Ability to influence and collaborate across the organization based on feedback from internal colleagues.
- Win/loss ratio on specific transformational pursuits within the sector.
- Known to be proactive in his/her ability to be a market leader. Known for sustaining long-term client relationships.
- Proven teambuilding and influencing skills.
- KPIs are in the process of being refined for all sector leaders and may include but is not limited to the following:
- Ensures accountability by holding self and others to high standards. Communicates clear standards and expectations and a transparent corporate culture that enables personal and organizational performance.
- Proven experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders, and team members.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A