Stantec is seeking an Assistant Project Manager / Project Coordinator to join our Program Management group. The successful candidate will ideally possess up to five years’ experience in a project coordination role. This role requires solid communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a team to successfully deliver major capital projects. You will be working within our Alberta team and alongside other Project Managers, Coordinators and Project Controls Specialists. Our current projects are diverse and include Owner’s Representative work in transit, advanced education, water, healthcare, power, airports, and civic sectors.
- Work as part of a team to meet deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables.
- Attend/lead project meetings and record, compose and distribute meeting minutes.
- Adhere to client standards and Stantec’s internal procedures.
- Perform project management activities as assigned by and in support of the Project Manager.
- Provide general team project and office support as required.
- Facilitate the change management process.
establish project schedules and update project schedules on a regular basis,
- Work closely with the project team to:
maintain a current and accurate understanding of project status, issues and changes,
identify project risks and mitigations options to project risks,
- Follow document control processes and procedures established for project functions including document tracking, meeting minutes, RFIs, submittals, change logs and other communication tools. Fulfill the Document Control function on projects.
- Ensure project deliverables are in accordance with the applicable project requirements.conduct budget management and track project costs.
- Gather data to produce and distribute detailed and summary project management reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Engineering degree/technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in a related field: or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detail-oriented and resourceful.
- Prior experience working in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction field is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to successfully work both collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to travel within Alberta for project related work is required
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with standard project management methodologies and tools such as Primavera or MS Project, SharePoint, etc. preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
- 3-5 years of engineering related project experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A