Website Sport Chek
The Store General Manager is responsible for maximizing the net profit of their location by effective management of all functions in the store. This is accomplished through ensuring optimal customer experiences, maximizing sales, expense and cost management, store presentation, and protection of company assets. The incumbent is an ambassador of active lifestyles and drives continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of FGL’s Leadership Brand.
- Creates and / or monitors the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions.
- Maintain FGL performance management expectations (feedback/coaching); this includes progressive discipline where necessary.
- Develops and leads recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintains a complete team
- Create succession plans through continuous training and development
- Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially.
- Meets established service levels agreements for in-store services and order fulfillment.
- Delivers on Triangle loyalty program targets
- Demonstrates and follows up on execution of FGL visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards.
- Enforces delivery of our Five Star Solution customer service standards.
- Oversees preparation for annual inventories.
- Expenses managed to plan
- Establishes plan and follows up on execution of weekly price changes, promotional set-ups, and department POP as per
- Playbook resulting in 100% system pricing including weekly prices sweeps.
- Facilitate and lead team meetings.
- Acts a brand ambassador, promoting our stores, brands, and people internally and externally
- Shrink at or below target
- Payroll managed to plan
- Create development plans and conducts annual appraisals for management team and direct reports; support and coach to improve any performance gaps, and conducts ongoing coaching to improve team.
- Achieves sales goals and store order fulfillment metrics
- Completes and holds team accountable to complete required Triangle Learning Acandemy within timeframes.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching to Management & team members based on key metrics. and observed behaviours through Huddles, 1 on 1s, and performance management coaching programs.
- Responsible to deliver annual corporate shrink targets through team education, enforcement of LP and audit standards and rigid inventory control.
- Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment (safe, inclusive, and empowering)
- Coach and develop store and management team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information.
- Leads the execution of seasonal changeover as per seasonal merchandising plan.
- Leads the implementation and execution of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure execution of the Customer Experience, and provides resolution for all customer concerns.
- Ensures processes and systems are followed for the execution of tech shop service programs, including maintenance and compliance standards.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- 3-5 years retail experience managing (big box) required
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily, weekly game plans for the department and store
- Excellent organizational skills
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
Company: Sport Chek
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A