Website Sport Chek
As an Operations Manager, you have a passion for sports and live an active lifestyle. You demonstrate a positive and engaged attitude when dealing with customers and employees and are responsible for leading the execution of sales support functions and teams supporting the overall operations of the store. You champion new procedures and processes, and deliver consistent execution of in store supply chain, cash operations, in-store ecommerce fulfillment and overall store operational effectiveness. The Operations Manager will facilitate training of store team members on store standard operating procedures and process improvements.
- Effectively problem solve, delegate and follow-up on tasks assigned to team Members
- Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment (safe, inclusive, and empowering)
- Payroll managed to plan
- Acts a brand ambassador, promoting our stores, programs, brands, and people internally and externally
- Assists in preparation and execution of annual inventories.
- Ensure a high level of customer service by delivering the Five Star Solution customer service model
- Develop and maintain a positive work environment for staff
- Coach and develop store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Deliver performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
- Responsible to assist in delivering annual corporate shrink targets through team education and enforcement of LP and audit standards, and inventory controls.
- Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially.
- Implement, communicate and ensure compliance with all operating procedures, processes and policies
- Delivers on Triangle loyalty program targets
- Complete opening and closing duties as part of manager on duty responsibilities
- Execute and maintain inventory accuracy processes and initiatives
- Assumes responsibility for operations of the store
- Expenses managed to plan
- Manage scheduling and follow up of execution on shipping /receiving, eCommerce fulfillment operations, cash management, and operations systems & compliance
- Facilitate and lead team meetings.
- Shrink at or below target
- Support the customer experience through timely processing and movement of inventory to the salesfloor
- Lead store inventory movement teams and support accuracy
- Achieves sales goals and store order fulfillment metrics
- Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Validate schedules for department and monitor payroll daily to ensure payroll plans are met
- Coaches team and leads in execution of Customer Experience, proactively provides resolution for all customer concerns.
- Maintaining a positive work environment for staff.
- Create development plans for staff; support and coach to improve any performance gaps and conducts ongoing coaching to improved team.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions.
- Completes and holds team accountable to complete required Triangle Learning Academy training within timeframes
- Provide exceptional omni-channel experience by offering in-store eCommerce sales and fulfilling eCommerce orders within defined service levels
- Excellent organizational skills
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily game plan for the store
- Experience in an operational management role
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Exceptional communication skills
- 3-5 years retail experience required
Company: Sport Chek
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A